Destinations of Labuan Bajo in 2023 are not only about marine tourism, but there are also tourist destinations on land that you must visit. Want to know more, don’t you? Let’s read the list below to know the full recommendation. Get ready, because your heart will definitely be left behind in Labuan Bajo!
1. See the Sunset at Bukit Cinta
First side destinations of Labuan Bajo in 2023 is Bukit Cinta. Bukit Cinta is a tourist destination on land that is also known as Bukit Silvia. If you want to visit Bukit Cinta, we recommend going at dusk to see the sunset with a backdrop of green hills and the open sea.
How to Get There?
- Take a local motorcycle taxi which costs between IDR 10.000 – 20.000
- If you are traveling in a group, we recommend renting a car for IDR 100.000 – 150.000
- If you want to explore other places, you can rent a motorcycle for about IDR 75.000/day
As the saying goes, many roads lead to Rome, and there are also numerous routes to the Bukit Cinta. So, we are waiting for your arrival to enjoy the golden sunset at Bukit Cinta.
2. Cultural Tourism in Melo Village
Aside from enjoying the natural beauty of Labuan Bajo in 2023, cultural tourism is something that you should not miss. You can visit Melo Village to learn about the culture of Labuan Bajo. When you arrive in Melo Village, you will be greeted by the Caci Dance, a traditional Manggarai dance which will be performed by Kampung Melo men wearing hats and carrying whips. Caci Dance, however, is not available every day in this village. You must reserve one day in advance at a cost of IDR 2-3 million depending on the number of viewers and dancers.
With this price, you can enjoy a variety of traditional events such as welcoming ceremony, dance performance, traditional weaving demonstration, and the bazaar. This session will last about 3 hours and will include a complimentary snack. You will not regret visiting Melo Village since its beauty is complemented by beautiful traditional houses, clothes, and dances that we are sure will amaze you to see. You can rent a car to go to Melo Village, which is 45 minutes from Labuan Bajo.
3. See Marine Animal Fossils at Goa Batu Cermin
To complete your trip to Labuan Bajo in 2023, you must go to Goa Batu Cermin. This cave rises from one of the cave’s roof’s edges. During the day, the roof acts as a sun entrance, allowing sunlight to enter the stones. The rocks will then reflect sunlight like a mirror.
You will be accompanied by a professional tour guide when visiting Goa Batu Cermin, so don’t worry because the guide will be ready to explain the history of Goa Batu Cermin to you.
How to Get There?
- If you have just arrived in Labuan Bajo, you can use public transportation from Komodo Labuan Bajo Airport to Goa Batu Cermin
- Goa Batu Cermin is only about 15 minutes from the city center by car
- You can also walk to Goa Batu Cermin while enjoying the natural beauty, it will take approximately 1 hour to get there
So don’t miss Goa Batu Cermin if you’re on a land tour in Labuan Bajo!
4. Enjoying the Fresh Cunca Wulang Waterfall
You want to have fun in the water but are bored of snorkeling and diving around Labuan Bajo in 2023? We recommend going to Cunca Wulang Waterfall!
Cunca Wulang Waterfall is located in Wersawe Village, Mbeliling, West Manggarai Regency, East Nusa Tenggara. Cunca Wulang, which means waterfall and moon, has a height of 200 meters above sea level which can make the air around it cooler. The journey to Cunca Wulang Waterfall takes about an hour by land through the beauty of Flores. Cunca Wulang Waterfall is open daily from 06.00 to 17.00. The best time to visit is between 10.00 and 14.00, when the sun is shining brightly. The entrance fee is quite affordable, ranging between IDR 30.000 and IDR 50.000. There, you must hire a guide, which costs around IDR 100.000.
How to Get There?
- You can rent a car with a driver for IDR 800.000 – 1.000.000/car
- You can also ride a motorcycle because the road is well-paved but somewhatwinding
Tips: Don’t forget to bring cash, snacks and drinks, and your swimsuit!
5. Goa Rangko
Goa Rangko is a place that you must visit while on vacation to Labuan Bajo in 2023. Only 40 minutes from the city of Labuan Bajo, you can see the beauty of the cave with a natural pool in it. This cave is best visited at 11.00 – 14.00 when the sun is shining brightly so that the light penetrates between the caves. To enter this cave you have to pay an entrance ticket of IDR 20.000 – 50.000.
How to Get There?
- To get to Goa Rangko, you can take a motorcycle or a car from the city of Labuan Bajo
- Car rental costs around IDR 500.000 round-trip per car including driver and fuel
- From the mainland, you have to cross again using a boat which costs IDR 300.000 – 400.000/boat that can accommodate up to 10 persons
- After crossing the island, you must walk a short distance to the cave
6. Le Pirate Beach Club
Le Pirate Beach Club is a lovely resort in the nearby area of Labuan Bajo in 2023. From Labuan Bajo, you can join in this resort’s trip program, which has two options: a 2D1N staycation or a 1D trip. This trip includes a round-trip shuttle boat from the Labuan Bajo pier, as well as lunch and facilities. The trip is scheduled to begin at 10.00.
Le Pirate Beach Club offers a variety of activities, including snorkeling, island gym, volleyball, table tennis, and canoeing. This place also has the best spots for your I. You may follow Le Pirate Beach Club on Instagram for additional details. Those above are some of the places in Labuan Bajo that you can visit in addition to the well-known maritime tourism. Hopefully, the information provided will assist you in discovering the other side of Labuan Bajo in 2023