The story is endless when it comes to the beauty of Sumba, East Nusa Tenggara. This place is where all the wonderful natural tourist sites come together. If you want to play in the water, visit exotic beaches and waterfalls. Mandorak Beach is a hidden treasure that will captivate you with its scenery, so put it on your to-do list at least once.
About Mandorak Beach
Mandorak Beach is one of the hidden gems of East Nusa Tenggara. The beach is located in Perovatan Village, Kodi District, Southwest Sumba. On the beach, you can enjoy the beauty of nature’s resources. The combination of mesmerizing white sandy beaches, crystal-clear blue waters, and two massive cliffs is simply sensational. A trip to this exotic and pristine beach will be an unforgettable experience.
Ways to Get There
Mandorak beach can be reached by car or motorcycle from Tambolaka Airport. Hiring a local guide is recommended, so you don’t have to worry about getting lost. The distance from the airport to the beach is about 42 kilometers. It takes about 90 minutes. The road to the beach is easily accessible by car. The destination from Tambolaka is the village of Kalenarongo. From this village, you have to walk about 1.5 meters more. The travel time to the beach is approximately 30 minutes. But if the government wants to attract more tourists, it needs to update its infrastructure and build more facilities on Mandorak beach.
Why Mandorak Beach is a Must-See Destination
Two large rocks facing each other welcome you. This is already reason enough, as this landscape is not something to be found everywhere. Rocks can be climbed to see more of the crystal clear blue water on the horizon. However, it is slippery and the wind is strong, so please be careful.
On a clear day, you’ll see beautiful blue skies and seabirds flying overhead. The wind blows comfortably and makes you feel calm. Sumba tides are recommended for professional surfers. If you are one of them, you can surf at this beach. You can jump off the edge of big rocks or take a refreshing swim!
Remember safety first. The most important reason to visit this place is to make nice memories and take as many pictures as possible. Before sunset, a huge orange sun lingers for a while between the two large boulders. Take as many photos and videos of the scenery as possible. You can also shoot silhouettes against an orange background. The entrance ticket is Rp 50,000 per car. Well, the downside of this place is that it has no facilities other than toilets and a place to change clothes. No food or drinks will be sold, so you will need to bring your own.
Travel Tips Should be Followed
Here are some tips for those who want to go to Mandorak beach:
- It is a safe beach for those who like to swim. So don’t forget to prepare your bathing suit. Also, bring a change of clothes so you don’t end up sitting in the car soaking wet.
- Please bring a sun hat and sunscreen. You can relax and enjoy the scenery while protecting yourself from the sun.
- Please bring your own food and drink, as there are no food or drink vendors on the beach.
- Bring your smartphone or camera and capture your beach moments. Please ensure that your gadget battery is fully charged.
Other Beaches to Visit
- Waikuri Lagoon: Relax in the crystal-clear blue waters. You can swim and enjoy the scenery from the wooden bridge. The blue of the water and the green of the trees are a perfect combination.
- Walakiri Beach: The attraction of this beach is the beautiful mangrove trees. At sunset, you can see the whole package of trees in the twilight background gradient.
- Nihiwatu Beach: This beach has become one of the most popular destinations for professional surfers. The waves are considered to be some of the best in Indonesia and even the fastest in the world.
If you are not traveling in a group, you can take a open trip of Waturanda Trip to Mandorak Beach. There is promo for open trip Sumba starting from IDR 2,900,000 / Pax. You will get many facilities from us which is very unfortunate if missed.