Visit Labuan Bajo is a popular tourist activity in Indonesia. Labuan Bajo is known for its stunning beaches, crystal-clear waters, and diverse wildlife. However, it is also a great destination for families, with a variety of fun and educational activities to keep children of all ages entertained.
In this article, we will share some of the best family-friendly activities in Labuan Bajo. From swimming and snorkeling to visit traditional villages and learning about the local culture, there is something for everyone in this beautiful island paradise.
1. Visit Komodo National Park
Komodo National Park is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and home to the world’s largest lizard, the Komodo dragon. This is a must-see for any family visiting Labuan Bajo.
There are a variety of boat tours available that will take you to Komodo Island, where you can see these amazing creatures up close. Don’t forget to use your sunscreen and bring your camera to capture unforgettable moment!
2. Go Swimming and Snorkeling
Labuan Bajo is surrounded by crystal-clear waters, making it the perfect place for swimming and snorkeling. There are a number of beaches where you can rent snorkeling gear and explore the underwater world for your Labuan Bajo trip.
Some popular beaches for swimming and snorkeling include:
- Pink Beach: This unique beach has pink sand due to the presence of red coral fragments.
- Kanawa Island: This small island is home to a beautiful coral reef, making it a great spot for snorkeling.
- Mantas Point: This dive site is famous for its manta rays, which can be seen feeding on plankton during the day.
3. Visit Labuan Bajo Traditional Village
Labuan Bajo is home to a number of traditional villages, where you can learn about the local culture and way of life. Some villages offer cultural performances, while others allow you to tour their homes and see how they live.
Some popular traditional villages to visit include:
- Kampung Wae Rebo: This traditional village is located in the mountains and is known for its unique cone-shaped houses.
- Kampung Bena: This village is home to the largest collection of traditional houses in Labuan Bajo.
- Kampung Liang Ndara: This village is known for its megalithic tombs and stone statues.
4. Learn about the local culture.
Labuan Bajo has a rich culture and history. There are a number of ways to learn about the local culture, such as visiting museums, attending cultural performances, and taking cooking classes.
Some popular museums to visit include:
- Komodo National Park Museum: This museum provides information on the Komodo dragon and its habitat.
- Manggarai Museum: This museum showcases the traditional culture of the Manggarai people, who are the indigenous people of Labuan Bajo.
- Bukit Pramuka: This hilltop offers stunning views of Labuan Bajo and is also a popular spot for watching the sunset.
5. Go on a Wildlife Safari
Labuan Bajo is home to a variety of wildlife, including the Komodo dragon, manta rays, and whale sharks. There are a number of boat tours available that will take you to see these amazing creatures up close.
Some popular wildlife safaris include:
- Komodo Dragon Safari: This safari takes you to Komodo Island, where you can see Komodo dragons in their natural habitat.
- Manta Ray Safari: This safari takes you to Manta Point, where you can see manta rays feeding on plankton during the day.
- Whale Shark Safari: This safari takes you to areas where whale sharks are known to congregate, giving you the chance to swim alongside these gentle giants.
Tips for Your Labuan Bajo Trip with Children
Here are a few tips for your Labuan Bajo trip with children:
- Choose a family-friendly hotel or resort. There are a number of hotels and resorts in Labuan Bajo that are specifically designed for families. These hotels typically offer amenities such as kids’ clubs, swimming pools, and playgrounds.
- Pack for all types of weather. Labuan Bajo can be hot and humid, but it can also rain unexpectedly. Be sure to pack sunscreen, hats, and rain gear for your children.
- Bring plenty of snacks and drinks. Food and drinks can be expensive in Labuan Bajo, so it is a good idea to bring your own snacks and drinks for your children.
- Take breaks throughout the day. The sun can be strong in Labuan Bajo, so it is important to take breaks throughout the day, especially for young children.
- Be prepared for long travel days. Getting to Labuan Bajo can require a long flight and/or ferry ride. Be prepared to keep your children entertained during the journey.
Waturanda Trip can provide your Labuan Bajo trip. You can live on board with Waturanda Trip to see the magnificent creature of Komodo dragon. Check out our latest packages of open trip Labuan Bajo and private trip labuan bajo that offer an unexpected journey with a enjoyment experience during your trip to Labuan Bajo. Come on and save your seat with us!